Monday, April 2, 2018

Good Lord It's April! Lets Catch Up!

Hi!
Sorry, I haven't had the time to blog in what seems like forever! Thank you to Nikki over at Fat Girl Won't Run for checking up on me!

Ok, so lets catch up!
I continue my relentless journey to regain my health, and I can tell you, it's still up and down for me. I have gone back to that infamous 230 doldrum once again, however I can tell you that I have been needing to buy new clothes and or I have been able to wear clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years. That's good right??? One of the suggestions that I have been getting is since I am losing so much, I should shop at Ross instead of the normal places I usually shop. What do you guys do? It sounds fair to me!! The 230 mark has been an average. I have been obsessed with jumping on the scale every morning (maybe I shouldn't be doing that) and it has been 230 plus or minus a couple of pounds. To mark April 2018 in my Update Pictures section, you can see that I am 231.2. 

I went to see a bariatric doctor and she put me on a Ketogenic Diet. It's been a bit crazy, because it is a complete 360 from the vegan/vegetarian diet I have been on. Meat, meat, meat! I was sick the first couple of days. No carbs, no sugar is a little crazy for me. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, that is what is making my weight inconsistent these past couple of weeks, as my body is starting to get use to this new diet.

It comes at a point when we discovered the "Gardenin" line of meatless products. Now that I have to actually read labels, many of those products, I shouldn't be eating. It's been a little confusing since the doctor said I could continue with those things.

There has been a lot of pros and cons to this "Keto" Diet. I am just putting my faith into the doctor right now. I guess it's good for my brain too, I have to read labels, do math, and make the right decisions on what to eat.

Still getting my regular massages. My therapist has included stretching into the regimen. So I have been feeling really good after the sessions. This week, I will be treated to a hot stone massage. Very stoked for that!

I had a Thai Massage session. That was pretty bad. I think that business is a little sketchy now that I have had some time to decompress from the situation. No certificates hanging on the wall, no asking me where I am in pain. Just 90 minutes of sheer torment and torture. All the ethics of how a massage is suppose to be preformed went out of the window. That was bad, not going back ever!



2 comments:

  1. Some people do have great success on Keto. A colleague at work lost 40lbs and is now at goal weight because of it. She always feels great when she's in ketosis.
    Personally, it is not for me (family history of gall bladder disease).
    Glad you are still fighting the good fight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! I have been on this Keto thing for quite sometime now. I rather go back to my vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. It seems like I was doing better. Stuck in that 230 doldrums again, after doing so well!

      Delete