Friday, September 7, 2018

Check Up Time! (Ideal Protein Program?)

Went in to see my dietitian today to check up to see how I was doing. I told her that I am having a hard time, and that the vegan lifestyle is really what I want to continue.

My weight did go down, but not the significant weight lose you see in a Ketogenic Diet. For me, it's been a mixture of vegan and Keto, which the dietitian stated was ok,  it was just that the weight wasn't going to come down super fast. I was okay with that.
She introduced this "Ideal Protein" Program as an alternative to look at, especially because I didn't know what to cook some times. It comes with all of these toys and coaching and the high point, pre-packaged food!!!

So there are 4 phases to this. The first phase you follow until your weight loss goal is achieved. The 2 14-day phases in which there is a gradual reintroduction of healthy carbs and fats, and then a maintenance phase which is about a year.

Tempting, very tempting. But I don't know about the idea of a $100 initial fee to start, and then approximately $25 a day just for the food and supplements alone, plus you still have to buy some of your proteins and vegetables........


Sorry, I think I am going to sit this one out.

On the other hand, she did increase my cars levels and my protein levels. So at least I have a little more leeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment