Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Yoga Studio That I Didn't Know Existed: Please Keep Your Sweat To Yourself!

Yesterday, I came home to discover a box delivered to my front door. It seemed odd, since I didn't order anything or no one told me they were sending me something. I looked at it and immediately saw that obviously the mail man delivered this box to the wrong address.

So like the nice person I am, I jumped into my car and went to go deliver it. After all, it was just down the road. I would have walked over, but it was storming!

So I arrived and quickly noticed that there was a yoga studio that I swear was not here before. Here in my area, there have been a lot of business closing and new ones popping up. So I was surprised that this place was here. I don't even remember was was at this location previously!

Well, I enter and quickly notice the gross smell of sweaty gym socks. It was hella gross! Like I wanted to throw up! I walked on over and with an innocent, as if I didn't notice the smell attitude, and handed the lady at the counter the package and told her that this was delivered to me by accident.

Then as if things weren't any worse, the studio doors opened and the wafting smell of sweat and heat came spewing out as the class ended and the people exited.

"That's our Birkham Yoga Class!" The lady said enthusiastically. As if I cared, I replied, "Oh, ok, that's nice! A lot of people!"

Ok, so I am sure there are a lot of benefits to this, and I am not knocking it down or anything, but from an outsider's point of view, let us take into consideration the words the lady at the front desk stated, as she tried to get me to attend a class:


  1. The room temperature is anywhere between 95-110 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. The humidity in the room is anywhere between 40-60 percent.
  3. In a 90 minute class, you do 26 postures.
  4. People have been noted to pass out from overheating and dehydration.
  5. Don wear clothes you would normally go to a regular yoga class to. Less is best, for wider mobility. If you wear clothing like this, it can impede the flow of blood and increase your chances of becoming lightheaded. (aka, go shirtless, spandex, spandex, spandex!)
Umm, why do people do this? Yes, I want to lose weight, not not while on the verge of death and smelling like death!

I told the lady thank you and made my way to my car. I could still smell the sweat on me! It invaded my car! I didn't even participate and I had to go home and shower!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your nasal pain on that one. Even worse smell if the space is carpeted! That was my only yoga class (outside of doing dvds at home.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that!!! It must be horrible by the end of the day, carpeted or not!

      Delete