Tuesday, January 23, 2018

23 Days In, and I Am Starting to Need New Clothes!

It's been 23 days since I started this new journey. I can confidently say that I am feeling good despite still wanting to take mid day naps. I am now 11 pounds lighter than when I first started. While there is no significant discernible appearance, or at least from my perspective, I have slowly started to get rid of some of the clothes that I have been wearing.

I don't know if I am just hallucinating, or its the power of suggestion, but I have started to notice that some of my clothes have been getting bigger to the point that some stuff are getting baggy, and I have started to wear clothes that I haven't been wearing for over 10 years now.

I have started to go to stores that I could not imagine myself going into. The great thing is now I can find clothes that ACTUALLY FIT!!! The Clearance section has clearly become my friend! How can you beat 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts all for less than $75?

Last night at the gym, there was an informational table set up in which this lady was trying to sell the C3fit line of compression wear. She went on to explain the 3-C's, Compression, Conditioning and Comfort.

Apparently in Japan, this C3fit line of compression wear are considered to be "Certified General Medical Devices." I still doing know what that means, or if it's just some marketable ploy to get you to buy.

She went on to explain that these compression shorts, tights, knee and arm sleeves promote blood circulation, supplies the body oxygen and nutrients, all the while conditioning your bodying reducing recovery time. In daily use, it reduced swelling in the legs.

There have been several scientific studies done over the years, and so I guess there is some truth to what she was claiming.

Her big thing was that it was developed using Japan "Standards" and that over 100 prototypes were tested with 200,000 to 300,000 areas on the body were scanned to gather the right information needed to produce the final product. Legs were scanned before and after use to get a better understanding of leg swelling and evaluate its effects on swelling reduction.

In the Men's Health Magazine, there was an article about compression gear that said:

But be warned: The same reason that compression gear “feels nice”—mainly, the clothing’s nut-caressing properties—is also why it may not look so nice to others.  
“It gives off a lot of information, if you know what I mean. That can make other people uncomfortable,” says MH Fashion Editor Brian Boye.  
His advice is to treat tight gear like underwear. “Wear it as a base layer, under traditional gym clothing,” he says.

I really don't care what people think, no I take that back, especially since I am the one trying to be invisible in the gym while working out, I should "To each his/her own", whether you are trying to "showoff your goods" or trying doing what these compression gear is marketed to do, I think that it is important to take care of your body, so if you decided to wear compression clothing, good for you, if you don't, I think you should consider it. After all, this is the only body we have.

I am just all excited that I am able to wear smaller sized clothes, let alone, now I should be taking care if it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment