Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Results Are In! NOT a HAPPY CAMPER!

Yesterday I went in to my blood lab work for my up coming doctor's appointment. I had to admit, I was optimistic about what the lab results were going to be like. I am exercising more, watching what I am eating, and have lost some weight.

I got the results this morning, and I must say, IS ALL OF THIS HARD WORK WORTH IT? Seems like the answer is "NO!"

Seems like my numbers were well when I was enjoying those delicious greasy hamburgers, pasta, chocolate, and all those other things. Since September of 2016 all the way up to my previous lab work in September of 2017 (four appointments), you can see the gradual decline in the numbers, but then now, it shot right back up. it's like a big check mark on all the graphs.

It's disappointing to be working very hard to see these kinds of numbers. It's like a big slap in the face to change this lifestyle when my numbers were all good. Its not good for my self-esteem, my self image, myself-conscious self.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blip to me. All sorts of factors can affect those tests, including stress. Keep doing what you're doing since you are losing weight. The numbers will likely be better next time. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. Thank you for those words of motivation and encouragement. I am hoping that they are "blips" also. At this point, anything is possible I guess! Take care! I guess every journey has it's difficulties and doubts

      Delete