Thursday, January 18, 2018

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful, But the Massage Will Be Delightful (AND Frightful)!

While our friends and family on the mainland are freezing, I should not be complaining that it's 68 degrees here with winds 20-30 miles an hour with some occasional gusts of up to 70 miles per hour. But boy, it's chilly out this morning! Great weather to stay indoors and do nothing!

As much as I wish I could do that, I did manage to get some walking around the neighborhood done, which is a nice 2 miles and I did get some laps in also. Mornings at the gym are packed with those "silver sneakers", so I don't even try to move in on their "territory." I love those "Excuse me, but you are on MY bike."......

I have more respect than to make a scene, so I'll just come back later to workout (Pool was empty since it is so windy and cold!). I cannot wait to turn their age and repeat those same words to some young innocent person! Not to mention the senior citizen price coffee and discounts!

Later on today, I will be having my first massage of the New Year. I purchased one of those memberships at the massage joint that I go to, but only have been racking up the credits, so I decided, its time to go on a more frequent basis.

I guess its my self consciousness make me panic all the time. That's a bad habit of mine. Deep in my head I am always battling the voices of "What is the therapist going to think? I am so fat! I am going to break the massage table! I have all that back hair!" My latest thing now, especially since I have been drinking that Kangen Water is, that I have been breaking out with zits (apparently my body is detoxifying) all over my body. Paranoia is starting to set in.......

For me, it's not as bad as going to the gym, my therapist is getting paid to see my grossness, plus I am going to tip him after. I guess you could say that tip is apologies for having to see all that grossness.


2 comments:

  1. I lived in Hawaii for 2 years - I miss the weather! :-) Congrats on getting a regular massage, what a nice indulgence to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time out to comment! The weather certainly has been weird as of late! Yesterday's massage was awesome! It was a great "me time" moment for me. I needed it! Take Care! Thank you for reading!!

      Delete