Friday, January 5, 2018

Oh the Joys of Toys!


Yes, I have to admit, I am still a kid at heart, and I love my toys! Legos, Funko Pops, and electronics! iPods have been always the coolest things, I use mine for every facet of my life, even to swim. Yes, you can take it into the pool! Nothing like swimming and listen to music or an audiobook. But like anything, technology changes and so I have been through quite a few over the past couple of years.

I still find it rather odd that there were time that I have been in the middle of a chapter, of listening to a lecture, and it was getting to the good part and my workout was over. So I just merely muddle around the lane just to listen. People must think I am crazy!!! Sometimes, SOMETIMES, I will extend my swim. SOMETIMES................

Lately, I have been into motivational stuff. I recently downloaded "Motivation for Creativity, Overcoming Anxiety, Focus, Confidence" by Wakeuptime. Unless I am looking up the wring thing, there is really not too much info on this group. Never the less, I am loving it! I play it in the house, in the car, in the pool and even in the office. All it really is, is snippets of motivational talks set to music. I highly recommend this.  I don't even know how I found this, but I am loving it!!! There are more albums, and I am looking forward to getting them!


One of the things that I have been looking for, is a tracker device for swimming. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of things while I am swimming. Especially if I am listening to something, or concentrating. Swim Outlet, my go to website for swimming stuff is launching a new product in which I am having high hopes for. It's called "Spire". In the press release, it states that this "will allow users to track, log and analyze data from their swims just by putting on their favorite suit. The device will automatically start tracking when the suit is put on and data will sync to the phone over bluetooth where it is analyzed by Swim.com's advanced algorithms." Its a little device that's sewn into the suit.  No more will I have to worry about forgetting it at home!

The site says: The Spire Health Tag will offer several special features that make it a revolution in the world of swim-tracking and fitness wearables:
• No charging needed: the embedded battery lasts the life of your suit
• No buttons to press: just put on your suit and start swimming
• A low-profile, soft-touch and comfortable design that never interferes with the swimmer's feel for the water
• Automatic bluetooth syncing to get advanced swim tracking from Swim.com right on your smartphone
Starting this spring, customers will be able to choose from a wide variety of suits on SwimOutlet.com available with Spire Health Tag integration for Swim.com.

Customers will be able to customize their choice of swimsuit ordered from SwimOutlet.com with the exclusive Spire Health Tag integrated for only $30 in addition to the price of the suit.

I am all for that! Now I really don't have an excuse to get off my ass and swim! I am looking forward to this! I wish it came in time from Christmas or sooner!


No comments:

Post a Comment